Beetroot dog biscuit recipe
Beetroot is a good source of vitamin C, fibre, folate, manganese, and potassium, and sold everywhere. This biscuit recipe makes a nice hard crunchy dog treat using precooked beetroot I bought on sale in my local Co-op. Add some oats, flour, a beaten egg, and just for fun some golden breadcrumbs and you have a purplish tasty dog treat. I’m using these biscuit cutters if you are interested but any will do.
- 3 cooked beetroots
- 2 Eggs
- 280g (10z) rolled oats
- 140g (5oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) golden breadcrumbs
- 100ml (4 fl oz) of meat stock (low salt if using cubes)
1. Add 60g (2oz) of breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl.
2. And 280g (10oz) of rolled oats and 140g (5oz) of plain flour.
3. Add a beaten egg.
4. Blend 3 precooked beetroots.
5. Add beetroot to bowl.
6. Give it a good mix.
7. Add just a little at a time, add enough stock to turn ingredients into a pastry. 100ml should be more than enough.
8. Roll into a ball and leave for 10 minutes.
9. Roll to a half-inch thick and cut out shapes.
10. Place on a baking tray and cook at 150c (Gas mark 2) for around 1hr 30 mins or until rock hard.
11. 90 mins later and they are cooked! Look good!
12. Give one to a lucky dog!