Super easy and fast dog cake recipe
By Bev Cobley for BDWS
I made this recipe after babysitting my grandchild who wouldn’t eat her Nana’s food that was home-cooked. ? So we had to go get stuff in jars … and the baby wouldn’t eat that either ?. So I used the baby food and turned it into doggy cake.
Doggy sponge fingers!
For these treats we are using doggy silicone moulds.
- 170g (6oz) self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 jar of baby pudding food (6 to 9 month age range)
1. Add 170g (6oz) of self raising flour to a bowl.
2. Add a teaspoon of baking powder.
3. Add two large eggs.
4. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
5. Add 2 tbsp of honey.
6. Add a jar of baby food pudding to bowl – I’m using rice pudding.
8. Grease your silicone moulds with a little butter.
9. Add your mix – underfilling a little to allow for the cake to rise.
10. Place in a preheated oven at 170c (Gas mark 5) (375f).
11. Once they begin to brown they are done – around 20 or so mins. Leave to cool.
Flo really wants one.
Old girl Ruby loves them.
Brodie loves them too.