An easy carrot cake recipe for dogs – Ideal as a birthday cake
Just for a bit of fun and I know there’s quite a few people that like baking birthday cakes for their dogs. Nothing fancy in this recipe, just a simple carrot cake using a few local ingredients found anywhere and easy to make. Dogs love it and for the icing, we are using cream cheese which dogs also love. Perfect for a good dog or a special occasion.
For this recipe we’re gonna be using a 9″ cake tin, if you don’t have one you can get one here.
- 170g (6oz) of self-raising flour
- 170g (6oz) of wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- A splash of milk
- 1 tub of cream cheese
1. Our ingredients. All local and delicious!
2. Add 170g (6oz) of wholemeal flour to a bowl.
3. Add 170g (6oz) of self-raising flour to bowl.
4. Add 2 tsp of baking powder
5. Add 2 tsp of cinnamon powder
6. Give it all a mix.
7. Weigh around 340g (12oz) of carrots.
8. Grate carrots.
9. Add grated carrots to mixing bowl.
10. Add 4 eggs.
11. Add a decent splash of milk.
12. And give it a right good mix.
13. Grease a cake tin with butter and add your mix.
14. Add cake tin to a preheated oven set at 170c (Gas mark 3) and cook for 35-40 mins.
15. Once cooked leave to cool in the cake tin.
16. Now it’s risen a bit, so flip it upside down or do what I’m doing and trim off top. I’ll use the top as dog treats for the week.
17. Now add the cream cheese for your frosting.
18. That’s it made.
Who’s special day is it then??
It’s time for a doggy party!
It’s all a little fun and dogs love it too. Have fun everyone!