Cake recipe for dogs
This liver cake recipe is very simple to make, cheap and the perfect cake for dogs. All supermarkets sell liver so it’s easy to find but if you can’t get liver you can use other ingredients for your dog cake mix, like minced beef, kidney, heart, chicken livers or even tuna! Once cooked put what you won’t be using in the next couple of days in the freezer until needed. Defrosts in just minutes once out of the freezer. You can top with cream cheese if you want to add frosting. Alternatively, instead of using a cake tin try using a cupcake tray. Check out my pupcake recipe for details. Or for a different cake recipe try my carrot cake recipe for dogs.
Liver cake is deal as a treat, a dog birthday cake, selling at fairs etc.
We’ll be using a 9″ cake tin. You can buy online here.
- 500g ( 1lb) of liver
- 2 Eggs
- 200g (7oz) Wholemeal flour
- 1 crushed garlic clove or 1 small teaspoon of lazy garlic – optional. But isn’t garlic bad for dogs?
- A splash of milk
1. Add the liver, the eggs, the garlic and a splash of milk to a jug.
2. And blend it. It should look a bit like a smoothie once done.
3. Transfer the mix to a large bowl and add 200g (7oz) of flour.
4. Mix ingredients until it’s a thick sticky goo. You can add a bit more flour if it’s not thick enough. But it should be fine.
5. Grease a cake tin with a little butter.
6. Empty your mix into cake tin, making sure it’s level.
7. Put cake tin into the middle of a preheated oven at 160ºC (320ºF/Gas Mark 3) and cook for about 45 mins.
8. Right, it should now be cooked. Yummy!
9. It’s easier to cut while it’s still warm.
10. Cut into squares and fridge. Freeze what you won’t use in a few days.
11. If your dog is like mine, she will have watched you the entire time.