Homemade cannelloni recipe!
The advantages of feeding the dog natural food is that you can share the dog food!
Do you buy your dog the large packs of ‘value’ minced beef? Morrisons do a 800gm pack of mixed minced and pork for £2,20. I feed this raw to the dogs with grated veggies and a plain biscuit meal or other carbohydrate such as cooked pasta or rice or couscous but it will go further if you cook them a mince (stew). I always keep back about 100gms of it and instead of a lasagne that takes a fair amount of mince I make cannelloni.
- Minced beef
- ½ a Chopped onion
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 4 chopped mushrooms
- Tomato juice (from tinned or Pasatta or jarred Bolognese sauce)
- Tomato puree
- 4 sheets of fresh lasagne
- ½ a pint of cheese sauce
- Grated cheese for top
- Dry fry the mince loosening the strands, add diced onion and cook out.
- Add chopped mushrooms.
- Stir in 2 – 3 fluid ounces of tomato juice and 1 teaspoon of tomato puree.
- Salt and pepper and oregano (fresh is nice but dried will do).
- Leave to cool.
- Take a sheet of the lasagne, brush edges with olive oil.
- Place a quarter of the cooked meat at one end and roll up.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Place in dish so they’re tightly packed together and pour over the cheese sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Better if made early and left to absorb the flavours in the fridge
- Enjoy and if you are offal lovers, I have a great liver recipe.
For dog food recipe ideas please visit the blog.